|Business||GE Technology Infrastructure|
|Business Segment||Technology Infrastructure – Healthcare|
|About Us||What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, our vision involves looking at Healthcare in a completely new way. Focusing on earlier, pre-symptomatic disease detection and prevention, instead of late diagnosis. Helping clinicians access more information and intervene sooner with targeted treatments so their patients can leave longer, fuller lives.We believe we can help make that happen – and we’d like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to redefine the frontiers of healthcare.Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are driven to make a difference – they do.—Your Life. Your career. Your purpose. Re-imagined—
GE Healthcare’s Healthcare Systems business provides a wide range of technologies and services for clinicians and healthcare administrators that can help caregivers improve the consistency, quality and efficiency of patient care everywhere. These technologies help provide fast, non-invasive ways for doctors to see broken bones, diagnose trauma cases in the ER, view the heart and its function, or identify the early stages of cancers or brain disorders. With X-ray, digital mammography, CT, MR and Molecular Imaging technologies, GE creates industry-leading products that allow clinicians to see inside the human body more clearly than ever. In addition, with efforts in ultrasound, ECG, bone densitometry, patient monitoring, interventional imaging, incubators and infant warmers, respiratory care, anesthesia management and a wide range of technologies and services for clinicians and healthcare administrators, GE’s Healthcare Systems business enables clinicians to provide better care for millions of patients every day – from wellness check ups to advanced diagnostics to life-saving treatment.
What makes GE Healthcare different? Leadership & Learning – Learning is more than a classroom activity. It’s how we come together to embrace change, develop skills for change, and get energized. GE spends more than $1 billion annually in employee development and leadership training.
|Posted Position Title||Software Engineer|
|Function Segment||Product Design and Development|
|Relocation Expenses||Partial Expenses|
|Role Summary/Purpose||The Visualization team within GE Healthcare’s Magnetic Resonance software division develops state of the art high performance 3D visualization technology with the required algorithms and platforms. As a software engineer in this team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with a global team of software, platform, 3D graphics and visualization engineers and scientists to develop next generation 3D and 4D visualization applications and platforms.|
|Essential Responsibilities||Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Design and develop 3D application and platform components in line with the requirements and roadmap set by the visualization team, systems teams and product leadership
– Work with a cross functional team of engineers, scientists and applications experts to gather and formalize requirements, establish designs, implement and integrate new 3D visualization platform/applications capabilities in accordance with established software development practices and processes. Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
– Translate high level MR application needs that demand new 3D visualization capabilities to subsystem/platform requirements; establish phased platform strategies to support the overall MR Visualization roadmap. Conform to established roadmaps and influence platform directions.
– Investigate and resolve product complaints reported by customers interfacing with customers, field service engineers, MR applications specialists and cross-functional engineering teams. Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability.
– Leveraging DFR for software, Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
This position requires you to embrace and propagate software excellence to ensure exceptional standards to productivity and quality. You are expected to continually sharpen your skills related to software engineering technologies, clinical applications, visualization and image processing as relevant to your work content.
As a part of the job, the candidate will have to adhere to the following quality specific goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
|Qualifications/Requirements||1. Masters Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
2. Excellent knowledge of 3D graphics and medical visualization algorithms and their clinical application.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in 3D visualization programming environments such as OpenGL or Direct3D
4. Demonstrated proficiency in C and C++ programming. (Linux environment will be a plus).
5. Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
6. Familiarity with industry software development practices, tools and environments –
Software development lifecycle from requirements to system integration.
Configuration Management systems – Concepts and tools: ClearCase, CVS or equivalent
Defect Tracking tools and processes – Concepts and tools: ClearDDTS, ClearQuest or equivalent.
Debuggers – Concepts and tools: gdb, gvd, ddd, totalview or equivalent.
Software Builds – Concepts & tools used in both development and production environments.
7. Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
|Desired Characteristics||Desired skills
1. PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering or Biomedical Engineering.
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING JOBS AT GE HEALTHCARE INDIA