About Post-Graduate Entrance Examination (PGEE 2010):
An all-India examination to test the preparedness of the applicants will be held on 18th April, 2010 (10 AM to 1.PM). The examination will be held at Hyderabad and a number of major cities (Bangalore, Calcutta, Delhi, Mumbai) in the country depending on the number of applicants from each region. The entrance examination will consist of two papers. Paper I test the general aptitude of the candidate and will consist of objective questions from Mathematics, Programming, and Logical Reasoning. Paper II is the Subject Paper, which tests the candidate’s subject knowledge.
How To Apply ?
All applications should be submitted online in PGEE portal To submit the application, a candidate has to complete two registration forms: Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form.
- Filling of Pre-Registration Form. After filling the Pre-Registration form, the candidate receives an E-Mail which contains the link and identification code. The link should be opened in a browser by supplying the identification code to fill in the Main Registration Form.
- Filling of Main Registration Form. The main registration form can only be filled by opening the link received through the E-Mail, after filling in the preceeding pre-registration form.
Important Notes :
- PGEE portal opens for submitting applications on 1st Feb 2010 .
- Last Date for the Submission of Main Registration Form will be 18th March 2010 .
- Last date for the receipt of Application Fees (either through Credit card or Demand Draft) at IIIT, Hyderabad will be 22nd March 2010.
- Availability of admit cards is 1st April 2010 .
- Note that the Registration WILL NOT be considered until the candidate completes the Main Registration Form. After filling in the Main Registration Form, the candidate gets an Acknowledgement E-Mail, which confirms that the registration is complete.
- The purpose of Pre-Pregistration Form is to Confirm the E-Mail address. So it is very important to give a valid E-Mail ID as it will be used for later communication.
- Note that the candidate can also update the information such as program details and center till their application has been finalized, by following the same link which has been received after filling in pre-registration form.
- Everytime you update or modify your information you will get an Updated Acknowledge Mail.
- Most important, please check the acknowledgement E-Mails in your “Bulk” or “Junk” folders, because sometimes the mails may go there.
- Application will be considered valid only after the Pre-Registration and Main-Registration form is completed, and the application fee is received by IIIT-H.
About Application Fees:
- Applicants can apply for one or more programmes in the same form by indicating choices.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for one programme and Rs. 50/- extra for each additional programme applied for.
- Application fee can be paid either through Credit Card or through Demand Draft.
- Credit Card – While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Credit Card option follow the subsequent instruction.
- Demand Draft- While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Demand Draft option. After submitting the Main Registration form.Demand Draft in favor of IIIT, Hyderabad for appropriate amount should be drawn.A candidate must write application number (received in the confirmation mail) along with the name on the reverse side of the demand draft and send the same to the Chairman, PG Admissions, IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, Andhra Pradesh.