Research Assitantship for Ph.D. candidates, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Position: Research Assitantship for Ph.D. candidates
Organization: The Pennsylvania State University
The Penn State BioNEMS Group is inviting the most motivated, talented students to join us in using micro/nano technology to find innovative solutions to solve the world’s challenging problems. The BioNEMS group conducts research at the interface of engineering, biology, physics, and materials. Our research focuses on multi-physics of micro/nano systems. Currently, we have two research directions:
1) multi-physics of microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip systems.
2) multi-physics of active nanostructures. Our team consists of exceptional students and researchers with passion to excel.
Since BioNEMS was founded in 2005, we have made the following remarkable achievements:
1) We have published 53 journal articles and 43 conference papers and filed nine US patent applications in five years.
2) Eleven of our journal articles have been featured as cover images at the journals Advanced Materials, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, and Lab on a Chip.
3) Our results have been reported as news stories at the journals Nature, Nature Photonics, and Nature Materials.
4) The technologies invented by us have been highlighted at National Science Foundation of USA and more than 200 public media such as US News and World Report, Yahoo News, Science Daily, Wired Science, Live Science, Medical News Today, Bio-Medicine, Highlights in Chemical Technology, R&D Magazine, Popular Mechanics, Nanotechnology Now, Materials Today, Physics World, photonics.com, and optics.org.
5) Our graduate students have been selected to receive more than 40 awards (from university level to international level) for their research accomplishments.
HOW TO APPLY
We are recruiting exceptional Ph.D. candidates with: • Passion for innovation and excellence • Excellent training background in Science/Engineering, specifically: Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Bioengineering, Optics, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or Biology • Relentless pursuit of results and success • Good character • Strong team spirit • Master degrees and proven publication records generally preferred
Prof. Tony Jun Huang
The Pennsylvania State University
212 Earth-Engineering Sciences Building
University Park, PA 16802-6812 USA
Phone: 814-863-4209 814-863-4209
Please check out our website (http://www.esm.psu.edu/huang/) for more details. For more specifics about the group and the openings, please contact Prof. Tony Huang directly.