Innovation Think Tank at Siemens Healthcare, Germany, invites you to participate in the “Be an inventor opportunity” with a focus on new ideas/ improvements on medical technologies and their supporting infrastructures.
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners will receive prizes of €5000, €3000, and €2000 respectively.
The top 10 candidates will additionally be offered the “Be an inventor opportunity”, a unique chance to work on real-life problems with Siemens inventors in a highly stimulating environment for a period of three months. Cost of travelling and accommodation along with a stipend will be covered by Siemens.
Every human being at some point of time needs medical care. Average life expectancy worldwide will increase to 72 years in 2025 from 46.6 years in 1950. World population will grow from more than 6 billion now to 8 billion by 2025. 95% of the global population growth is taking place in developing countries. The 65+ generation will nearly double worldwide by 2030, from 7% to 12%.
The exponential rise in chronically ill patients (diabetes, chronic heart disease, stroke, etc.) is putting enormous pressure on healthcare systems worldwide. There is a need to think and develop ideas that can help humanity.
Ideas can be submitted in one of the following fields but are not limited to:
- New diagnostic and therapeutic imaging devices and methods
- New ideas for components of imaging devices
- New ideas for infrastructures supporting imaging devices
- Rural care product ideas for developing countries
- Devices for chronic disease management, home care (e.g., blood sugar monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, etc.)
- Systems and devices for general practitioners
- Cost-effective healthcare business models
- Solutions for an aging population
Abstract / application submission
The abstract / application / participation form could be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send the CDs or models or forms directly by post to:
Head, Innovation Think Tank
Postfach 32 20
External promotors :