The Marie Curie PhD fellowship, Philips research, Netherlands is part of the project iCareNet (Intelligent ContextAware Systems for Healthcare, Wellness, and Assisted Living), a Marie Curie project within the Peo ple Programme of the 7th Framework of the European Commission.
With more than 20 partners and associated partners, the iCareNet project will conceive context aware solutions, leveraged through an interdisciplinary perspective ranging from sensing and sensor integration, to human-computer interaction and social factors involved in the deployment of context-aware applications. The open position is with Philips Research in Eindhoven but two secondments for three months are foreseen at one or two other iCareNet clinical/university partners.
The PhD candidate should have a master degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or physics. Signal processing expertise and experience with Matlab are required. Programming and/or electronic circuit design skills are desired, familiarity with data mining techniques as well. Experience in preparing and carrying out clinical trials would be an asset. Knowledge of sleep physiology and the human pacemaker would be a plus.
The PhD candidate aims at a PhD degree and should want to pursue his/her research career in an industrial setting. The position will offer the possibility to complete a PhD thesis and supervising universities are part of the program.
Further, the PhD candidate should have:
• strong conceptual and analytical skills;
• good writing skills for internal reporting and external publication;
• good social and communication skills to work co-operatively in multidisciplinary teams;
• are able to work on multiple tasks at the same time by setting the right priorities;
• creativity, commitment and a flexible attitude
For further application details visit the scholarships link.
+31 (0)6 55 87 20 63
- INTEGRATED PhD IN NEUROSCIENCE IN NATIONAL BRAIN RESEARCH CENTRE , GURGAON (biomedikal.in)
- FULLY FUNDED PhD IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING IN SINGAPORE(EXCELLENT OPPURTUNITY) (biomedikal.in)
- PhD TO DEVELOP MICRONEEDLE ARRAYS IN TYNDALL UNIVERSITY (biomedikal.in)
- PhD IN BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION IN CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY (biomedikal.in)
- Medical Imaging Ph.D. opening at Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. (biomedikal.in)