Technological innovations in the medical device industry have led to a radical transformation in patient care. This report identifies the sectors with the industry’s most important developments related to patient care, clinical outcomes, and new product development. While the scope of the report is limited to the top ten technologies only, it covers almost the entire medical device market.
Scientific and medical technology breakthroughs – such as minimally invasive surgery (MIS) – have accelerated the accuracy of clinical outcomes and have also reduced recovery times and the medical costs borne by patients. This has led to radical transformation in patient care.
IT integration in medical imaging and medical devices has given a significant boost to the healthcare industry, a trend that is apparent in the market growth of drug eluting stents and telemedicine technologies. The markets covered in the report have a current potential of $454.3 billion and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% between 2009 and 2014.
Market estimates and forecast
The report provides in-depth market estimates and forecast for top ten medical device technologies as follows:
• Diagnostic imaging (nuclear imaging, interventional radiology, capsule endoscopy and others)
• Drug delivery (needle free injections, transdermal systems, inhalation system, infusion system)
• Molecular diagnostics (biosensors, proteomics, nanotechnology, and others)
• Mobility aid technologies
• Minimal/non-invasive surgery (stents, bariatric surgery, medical robotics and others)
• Micro-fluids and MEMS (Miniature medical pressure sensors, bio chips, protein chips)
• Non-invasive monitoring (continuous blood glucose monitoring)
• Biomaterials (bionic limbs, joint replacement, antimicrobial wound dressing and others)
• Bio-implants (neurostimulation and others)
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS PLEASE VISIT THIS WEBSITE