Artificial Heart Science – This episode spotlights biomedical engineer Richard Smith, CCE, MSEE, the director of the Artificial Heart Program at University Medical Center (UMC) in Tucson, Ariz. When Smith went to college, biomedical engineers weren’t part of the operating room team. However, his background in science and math got him into the operating room in 1985, when he helped implant the first Total Artificial Heart used as a bridge-to-transplant. Today, it is the only FDA, Health Canada and CE approved temporary Total Artificial Heart in the world. There have been more 790 implants, and surgical teams look to Smith to be the expert on the Total Artificial Heart and other heart devices.
- Biomedical Engineering Job oriented training @ CURA Healthcare, Chennai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer with Valid GATE Score Required @ IIT Kharagpur for JRF/SRF (biomedikal.in)
- Introduction to Biomaterials for Biomedical Engineers (biomedikal.in)
- Survey on Biomedical Engineering Education in India (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Hospital Jobs in Pune (biomedikal.in)