Three-year studentships: Tuition fees (UK/EU or International) and an annual maintenance allowance at current UK Research Council rate
Deadline for applications: 14 March 2011
Location: Streatham Campus, Exeter
Projects available for funding:
- Magnetic nanobots: construction and study of microscopic swimming machines
- Elastic properties of the red blood cell
- Surface behaviour of the preocular tear film
- Bone and fat biomarkers for anorexia nervosa recovery
- Bone Health During Adolescence: Influences of body fatness, nutrition and physical activity
- Type 1 Diabetes and bone mineral density
- A novel imaging technique for quality control of graphene fabrication
- Characterisation of the mechanotransduction properties of the glycocalyx
Each project title links through to additional information on the College website including the project description, supervisors, detailed application criteria and contact details for informal enquiries.
The successful applicant should have or expect to achieve at least an upper second class Honours degree, or equivalent qualifications, in physics.
Please note that studentships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
How to apply:
For further information and to apply, visit www.exeter.ac.uk/2011studentships
For general enquiries please contact Liz Roberts at E.G.Roberts [at] exeter.ac [.] uk