Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Ordnance Factory Estate Yeddumailaram, Medak, AP 502205
Ph.D. admissions in Biomedical Engineering Applications are invited from suitably qualified and highly motivated students willing to pursue research at Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in the following areas of Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering:
Research Areas : Biomedical Imaging and Bio-photonics , Faculty Dr. Renu John
1) M.Tech./ M.E. / M.Sc.(Engineering) degree with first class or equivalent in the respective or allied areas. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area with exceptional academic record and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply. For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, marks up to the 7th semester/ 3rd year (for BTech students) and 3rd semester/ 1st year for PG students will be considered.
2) Candidates with the following specializations at preceding degrees are encouraged to apply: MSc in Physics, or any related sciences or MTech in any Engineering sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Optoelectronics, Applied Optics or Fiber Optics.
3) Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF / UGC- NET-JRF award for Research fellowship or equivalent or GATE Qualification are encouraged to apply.
4) The minimum qualifying marks for admissions is 65% in both previous degrees for General candidates; at least 60% in both and at least 65% in one for OBC candidates; and at least 60% in both for SC/ST candidates. General Information Financial support (i.e., assistantship or scholarship) will be provided to all Indian students enrolled in the Ph.D. programme provided they do not receive any other form of financial assistance.
Applicants working in reputed R&D Organizations/Laboratories are eligible to apply. Such applicants (a) need to be deputed on leave by the parent organization/ department, (b) do not require GATE qualification, and (c) will not be paid any assistantship or scholarship by IIT Hyderabad.
Application Fee: Applicants are requested to pay Rs. 200 towards application processing charge in the form of a bank challan. The challan should be made in favour of “Registrar, IIT Hyderabad” payable at Hyderabad.
The bank challan form can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.iith.ac.in/admissions/phd.html
Application deadline: The last date of receipt of completed application forms at IIT Hyderabad is: April 15, 2011
Interviews: Only the short-listed candidates will be informed regarding the date and time of the interviews. The department reserves the right to impose further stringent criteria for the purpose of shortlisting of the received applications.
Address: Applications completed in all respects along with the required fee should be sent to: The HOD Department of Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Ordnance Factory Estate Yeddumailaram, Medak, AP-502205
Note: Scanned copy of the completed application form can also be sent as an advance copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be considered only upon the receipt of the original hard-copy of the application along with the required application fee of Rs. 200 in the form of bank challan.
- MS/PhD Admissions in Biomedical Engineering 2011 IIT Madras (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer with Valid GATE Score Required @ IIT Kharagpur for JRF/SRF (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Job for Diploma Holders in Hyderabad (biomedikal.in)
- [PhD Admission] notification in VIT University(B.tech can also apply) (biomedikal.in)
- Do your PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Ghent University (biomedikal.in)