CSIR-CSIO offers research (PhD) opportunities to bright young Engineering and Science Post Graduates
The Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO, http://www.csio.res.in), a research lab under the Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), http://www.csir.res.in , Government of India invites candidates for following cutting-edge areas of research:
• Agrionics • Biomedical Instrumentation • Computational Instrumentation
• Mechanical Systems • Nano Bio Photonics • Photonics • Optical Instrumentation
Applications are invited for full-time Research Programme (PhD) in Science/Engineering as per the following:
- PhD (Engineering): A Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ or equivalent with a good academic record who have secured Masters degree admission based on GATE score or valid CSIR-SRF or equivalent fellowship.
- Fast Track PhD in Engineering: BE/BTech/Equivalent from premier Institutes (IIT’s, NIT’s, well reputed Central and State Universities, BITS Pilani) with University/Institute first rank in an Engineering discipline are eligible to apply for PhD programmes in the discipline where the graduating department or discipline are appropriate. Valid Gate score is required for availing fellowship.
- PhD (Science): A Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Medicine having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. DST, DBT, ICMR, etc), INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowships.
Research Fellows/Projects Assistants who fulfil the qualifications and are already working at CSIO for a minimum of one year are also eligible to apply.
Upper age limit is 28 years as on 28.04.2011 which is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women/ Physically Handicapped candidates.
The programme would commence from August, 2011 and includes course work with wide choice of elective subjects.
For details about course work, faculty, facilities, on-going research, amenities, date-line, selection procedure etc and applying on-line, visit: www.csio.res.in or csir-phd.csio.res.in.
Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of the Institute in this regard shall be final.
Hurry, last date for receiving on-line applications is May 22, 2011!
- Scientist positions in Biomedical Engineering in CSIO, Chandigarh (biomedikal.in)
- Manipal University Invites Applications for Full time PhD with Scholarships (biomedikal.in)
- [Direct PhD in Biomedical After B.tech] Admission Notification in IIT Hyderabad (biomedikal.in)
- [M.TECH/PhD in Biomediocal] Admission notification in IIT KANPUR (biomedikal.in)
- PhD positions in IISER Trivandrum (biomedikal.in)