ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR M.TECH COURSES
a. The candidates shall be an Indian National
b. The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the University of Calicut and the All India Council for Technical Education.
c. The respective branch of engineering for each M.Tech is given under the eligibility criteria.
d. Candidates should have a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the Engineering degree course is sufficient.
e. Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
f. However Non GATE candidates can also apply. They shall be considered against the vacancies unfilled by eligible GATE candidates. These unfilled seats shall be filled with NON GATE candidates from KERALA state alone. They have to produce nativity certificate.
g. GATE score is not essential for Sponsored candidates.
h. Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
a. They must have valid GATE score
b. A Minimum marks of 55% for the section B in AMIE/AMIETE Examination
c. Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree
i. Candidates who have appeared for the final examination may also apply provided the results are made available on or before 31.10.2011. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission provided:
a. They must have successfully passed at least six semesters of B.Tech. (Engg.) or three years of Engineering studies on the date of application and the application must include attested copies of the mark lists.
b. On the date of counseling/admission, the students under Semester/ Year system must have passed all including the Seventh Semester / third year of engineering Examination and he/she shall produce all the original Mark lists including the Seventh Semester/ third year of engineering Examination.
c. Produce course completion certificate.
The specific eligibility for the two M.Tech courses is as given below.
I. EMBEDDED SYSTEMS (ES)
a. The candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech in Electronics and Communication/ Electrical and Electronics/Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/Instrumentation and Control/Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electronics/Computer Science/Computer Science and Engg./Information Technology/ Biomedical Engg./ Electronics and Biomedical Engg./ Biomedical Instrumentation Engg. subjects awarded by the Calicut University or equivalent there to as approved by the University of Calicut.
b. GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects is preferable.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only the appropriate application form for admission to M.Tech programme obtained from DOEACC Calicut Centre or downloaded from Website www.doeacccalicut.ac.in.
2. Those who want the application form by post have to enclose a self-addressed stamped cover along with the request.
3. A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months is to be affixed on the Application Form. The photo in the application should be self-attested. Four more copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counseling/admission.
4. The following Documents should be enclosed with the application:
i. Attested copies of the Mark Lists & Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination.
ii. Course Completion Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied and attested copies of Mark Lists up to the pre-final semester/ pre-final year for those who have appeared in the qualifying examination and are awaiting results.
iii. Attested copy of the GATE Score Card (if applicable).
iv. Attested copy of Community Certificate in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ SEBC candidates from a competent authority not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
v. Attested copy of Nativity Certificate in the case of NON GATE candidates from Kerala State from competent authority.
vi. Attested copy of proof of Date of Birth
vii. Copy of Sponsorship Certificate in the case of Sponsored Candidates
viii. Copy of Experience Certificate in the case of Sponsored candidates.
ix. A Demand Draft of Rs 800.00 for general and Rs 300 for SC/ST candidates towards application form fee in favour of ‘Director, DOEACC Centre, Calicut’, payable at State Bank of India, NITC, Chathamangalam Branch (Code No. 2207).
5. A single application form with the above amount is to be submitted for both M.Tech’s. Preferences should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
6. The application with all the above enclosures should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before 5.30 pm of 30–06- 2011 so as to reach the ‘M.Tech – Coordinator, DOEACC Centre Calicut, PB No. 5, NITC Campus P.O, Calicut – 673 601 Kerala’.
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms 30-06-2011
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms (before 5.30 pm) 30-06-2011
Reporting/Commencement of Classes 01-08-2011
- [M.Tech Admissions] Biomedical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Research Position in NIT, Rourkela (biomedikal.in)
- [Admission Notification] M.Tech Biomedical Engineering @ ITBHU (biomedikal.in)
- [Admission Notification]M.TECH Nanotechnology @ Amrita University (biomedikal.in)
- [M.Tech Admission] Biomedical Engineering, NIT Allahabad (biomedikal.in)