NIT, Rourkela invites applications from Indian nationals possessing excellent academic background along with commitment to quality teaching and potential for carrying out relevant research for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
Ph. D. or M. Tech. with B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, and Chemical Engineering Or B. Tech. in any branch of engineering with Ph. D and post PH.D work in the area of Medical Engineering.
1. Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed for outstanding candidates.
2. Mere fulfillment of minimum qualification and experience requirements does not entitle any candidate for a call for interview. A short listing criterion may be set higher and narrower than the minimum advertised.
3. Depending on perceived availability of qualified candidates, different departments may set different short listing criteria.
4. Apart from merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection, candidate with specialization in greater need by the department being given preference.
5. Experienced and/or meritorious candidates may be granted higher than starting pay on recommendation of selection committees.
6. For the same achievement In terms of research record, younger candidates will be given preference.
7. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
8. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Challenged persons will be as per Government of India norms.
9. Enclosures such as Publication, Research Plan etc as stated in the Application form should be sent along with the application form.
10. Application should be submitted on a signed hard copy only. [PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION THROUGH ELECTRONIC MEDIA]
11. Names and Addresses (with e-mail addresses and fax numbers) of at least three referees who may also be requested to send their reports directly in confidence to Director, NIT, Rourkela-769008.
12. Persons employed in Government and Semi-Government organizations must apply through proper channel.
Note: (a) For faculty members presently serving at NIT Rourkela, all specializations are acceptable.
(b) External candidates not possessing qualifying degrees/ in specified branches but possessing strong academic record with appropriate course background and relevant research experience will be considered on merit.
13. Candidates in an advanced stage of Ph.D. in any Institute are encouraged to apply. If selected, the candidate may be given time up to one year to complete Ph.D. and join NITR or complete the programme after joining NITR, to be decided by the Director.
14. Candidate without Ph.D. degree will be required to enroll in the Institute’s Ph.D. programme while taking a reduced teaching load.
15. Candidates who are unable to attend the interview for being abroad or for any other reason will be considered in absentia. A specific request giving sufficient justification must be made in advance. Such candidates may be appointed under regular terms or under contract based on the judgment of the Selection Committee.
16. Students pursuing Ph.D. need to enclose a reference letter from thesis supervisor indicating status of his project.
17. Any other details may be submitted in a separate sheet.
18. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
HOW TO APPLY
I. Applications must be in the prescribed format as available in the institute website only. Interested candidates may download the same from the website http://www.nitrkl.ac.in .
II. Please mention Post Applied and Department on the left-top corner of the envelope containing the application.
III. Application forms complete in all respects along with photocopies of certificates (Attestation not required), list of publications, reprints/preprints of publications and a detailed research plan should reach the to “The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela – 769 008, Odisha, INDIA”.
IV. Last Date of Application – 15th July, 2011 for the School of Management, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engg., Chemistry and Humanities. 16th August, 2011 for all other disciplines.
V. Application received after the last date may be considered in the forthcoming selection round or deferred to the next round depending on administrative convenience.
VI. Incomplete application forms and applications without photograph, signature, etc. will not be entertained.
VII. Candidates are required to attach a self addressed stamped (Rs.5/-) envelope (9”X4” size) along with the application for sending acknowledgement by the institute.
- Biomedical Engineer Research Position in NIT, Rourkela (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineers make Blood vessels in Lab using Skin cells (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Required in Andhra Pradesh (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer IPR/Patent Job in Delhi/NCR (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering, Trends, Research and Technologies (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Hospital Engineer Required in Maldives (biomedikal.in)
- Government Teaching job (Biomedical Engineering) in DCRUST, Murthal (biomedikal.in)