The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an independent humanitarian organization whose mandate is to provide protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and internal disturbances is looking for a
• Together with Logistics, source reliable local manufacturers for hospital furniture (basic/complex) and new health care equipment, (basic /complex health care technology) • Together with Logistics, evaluate International manufacturer service provider (Installation/training/ Maintenance) as part of the Quality selection. • Be part of the team discussion from the beginning when introducing new health care technology.
- Pakistan – Peshawar ICRC Hospital
• Evaluate equipment presently used in the field hospital • Organize internal maintenance for all available equipment • Identify person or companies for regular external maintenance services • Follow up on spare parts required for the existing medical equipment • Assess the need for and propose the replacement of equipment • Support the introduction of new health care equipment (e.g. ultrasound machine, ECG-monitor): specification and spare parts in stock, taking into consideration the field hospital environment • Develop training programs for users in collaboration with the Teaching Nurse • Update inventory lists on medical equipment and spare parts • Ensure that the overall electrical system is at minimum risk for the equipment • Together with Logistics, assess the competency for and quality of maintenance and repair services available from domestic suppliers • Assess the sustainability of (more) health care technologies (particularly laboratory) in terms of availability of professional maintenance and repair services, and, where appropriate, possible substitutes. • Support the hospital in the recruitment and training of a local Biomedical Technician
1.1. Other hospitals: (Kheiber Packhtunkwa – KP and Federally Administrated Tribal Areas – FATA)
• Advise the Health team in relation to health care equipment and spare parts provided to health care facilities in KP/FATA: selection, procurement, instructions for users and maintenance providers • Advise the “Water and Habitat” team involved in renovation works of health care facilities, in particular water and electrical installations
- Afghanistan – Mirwais Hospital/Kandahar
Maintenance system • Define maintenance needs for the main health care equipment • Identify local maintenance contractors • Discuss and agree on a maintenance system • Assess the sustainability of (more) health care technologies (particularly laboratory) in terms of availability of professional maintenance and repair services, and, where appropriate, possible substitutes. • Provide support and advice for setting up a maintenance system for the new laboratory equipment. • Fixing broken health care equipment
Networking • Visit Kabul repair workshops where health care equipment is sent to • Assess their capabilities and make recommendations • Find workshops where equipment can/should be sent
Training • Train hospital maintenance staff on performing complex health care equipment maintenance and repair • Prepare the documentation that the “Water and Habitat” maintenance technician can use for training.
2.1. Other hospitals (Sheberghan, Ghazni)
• Ready to accept unaccompanied posting during the length of the assignment • Biomedical Engineer diploma with sound technical expertise and experience in selecting, installing and managing medical equipment at hospital level • Minimum of 5 years professional experience • ICRC mission experience or other humanitarian organization is a big asset • Experience in teaching and training in his/her domain of expertise • Ability to put forward in a clear and objective way the options proposed • Good grasp of written and spoken English • Manual driving licence (automatic driving licence not sufficient)
• Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team • Ability to adapt to Pakistani and Afghan culture • Innovative and creative • Able to stand stress due to the environment of conflict area, security constraints and living restrictions • Good coordination and communication skills • Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
Length of assignment Minimum 12 months
Deadline application 15 April
Beginning of assignment June 2012
If interested please apply through our website www.icrc.org. Only online applications are considered. No email/hard, copy.
- Biomedical Engineering- Ignored Profession in India (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical 2012: Bridging Clinical & Engineering-Excerpts of meeting (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Job in Wockhardt, Rajkot (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Biomedical Engineer Job in siliguri (biomedikal.in)
- 3 Fresher Biomedical Engineer Jobs in Bangalore (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Hospital job in Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering Jobs in Qatar (biomedikal.in)