Solving polynomials and linear systems
To solve a quadratic or cubic polynomial equation:
- Go to EQN mode and scroll over to the
MODE MODE MODE 1 ?)
- Enter the degree (
- Enter the 3 or 4 (real) polynomial coefficients, from highest degree downward.
- Scroll through the solution set (which may have complex values).
To solve a system of linear equations of 2 or 3 variables:
- Go to EQN mode and stay at the
MODE MODE MODE 1)
- Enter the number of variables, which is also the number of equations (