“IEEE Workshop on MEMS & Microsystems with Hands-on training in Device Simulation & Microfabrication Process” is being jointly organized by IEEE Student Branch, WiE Affinity group of IIT Kharagpur and IEEE EMB Student Club IIT Kharagpur. The workshop aims to provide an excellent forum to interact and share ideas on the MEMS and microelectronics system, technologies, emerging applications with hands-on simulation and fabrication procedure to the students, researchers and faculties working in the area of MEMS sensing and technology. This will be a three days workshop where experts from industries and academia are invited to share their knowledge in the respective fields.
Scientists have created ultra-thin electronic devices that can “melt away” in the body once their job is done.
The latest creation is an early step in a technology that may benefit not only medicine, like enabling the development of medical implants that don’t need to be surgically removed or the risk of long-term side effects, but also electronic waste disposal.
A 3-Day workshop on Bio-Medical Signal Processing for Biomedical Engineering students, Faculties and Research Scholars, Hosted by the
Department of Biomedical Engineering at GRIET, on behalf of CARDEA LABS. Cardea Biomedical Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Was incorporated in March 2008 with aim of providing low cost noninvasive healthcare solutions. Founded by first generation entrepreneurs with dedicated teams both for hardware design and software development. It provides complete, innovative and cost-effective solutions to the pressing clinical needs of India and the world at large. Cardea works closely with scientists, researchers, medical and business professionals to bring about major advances in healthcare. Solving medical related problems, developing healthcare products and providing services to improve people’s lives is our
Experience : 2.0 To 5.0
1) Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Implementation of proposed methods to demonstrate proof of concept
2) Role Competency
· Experience in signal processing, pattern recognition, data analysis based information extraction techniques. Particularly, candidates should also have experience and problem solving skills in the areas of interpretation of biomedical signals, algorithm development for pattern classification.
· Expertise in methods and technologies for signal analysis using signal processing and pattern recognition techniques with particular focus on biomedical signals.
· Strong publication record in the relevant field.
3) Personal Characteristics
Positions are intended for outstanding candidates with proven research credentials. Candidates should have a strong desire to work in a multidisciplinary environment and should have excellent communication and collaborative skills with an ability to interact with product divisions, multinational research teams and academicians from schools of international repute.
LISTEN (Delight customer) : Understand needs of customers, Philips businesses globally and locally
CONNECT (Depend on each other) : Care about our customers, our Philips-partners, our collegues and yourself. Share challenges to take help. Spread consistent and positive message to build collaborations
DELIVER (Deliver great results): Execute the right things without fear. Own to raise the bar on tech transfers, IP, publications, competence development and reputation exposure
4) Educational Qualification
· Ph.D/Masters in Electrical Engineering/Electronics and communication engineering/Computer science with specialization in signal processing, pattern recognition. Knowledge of biomedical engineering and instrumentation, biomedical data analysis is a desirable.
· Minimum of 2 years of research experience in the relevant area is required for candidate with a master degree
5) Any Comments:
· Grade of the selected candidate could vary depending on the research experience and qualifications.
· Candidates will also get an opportunity to pursue PhD on the job based on their performance and tenure in Philips
Name of post: JRF (Mechanical Engg, Instrumentation & Control Engg, Electronics, Chemistry / Environmental science)
No. of posts: 05 including all.
Age limit: Max age – 28 years.
Stipend Amount: Rs 16,000 p m
Last date: 21 days from the date of publishing advertisement.
For more details, visit
http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10301_961_1112b.pdfor see the employment news 14th – 20th April 2012
Applications have been invited by CMC, Vellore for admission to MS and PhD Bioengineering degrees, awarded by Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, for the Academic Year 2012-13.
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in engineering, preferably Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science or equivalent, and a Masters degree in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent with exposure to advanced biology. A qualifying score in GATE is required.
Candidates must download the application form fromhttp://home.cmcvellore.ac.in Filled in applications are to be enclosed with Rs.1000/- (Application & Registration fees Rs.1000/-) by demand draft in favour of