Before you begin assembling application:
• Read the eligibility criteria carefully; don’t waste time preparing applications to
programs for which you will not be considered.
asking a question that has already been answered.
• Follow all of the links on the website. Those links were included because
someone in the training program office thought they had information that would
be useful to you.
• Visit a career website
Read and follow all directions.
• If the directions for the cover letter ask you to discuss four points, make certain
that you address all four.
• If you are asked to list all the courses you have taken and the grades you
received, do not just list science courses.
Timing: Never submit your application at the last minute.
• Editing and polishing your application is important, and it takes time.