As the decade comes to an end, we’ve asked Xconomists and other technology leaders around the country to identify the top innovations they’ve seen in their fields the past 10 years, or predict the top disruptive technologies that will impact the next decade.
- Increasing use, validation and acceptance of surrogate endpoints for clinical trials.
- Novartis’ imatinib (Gleevec). The first drug for specifically inhibiting an enzyme causing cancer rather than killing fast dividing cells….
- Human papillomavirus vaccines. This is both for innovative science, and innovative treatment of a vaccine for a virus tied to cancer.
- Robotic surgery. (Intuitive Surgical)
- Growing organs in a lab (Tengion, etc)