Two Graduate Research Assistant positions in Biophotonics / Biomedical Optical Imaging are available at Lehigh University starting in Fall 2012. The purpose of these positions is for highly motivated individuals to pursue a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Bioengineering.
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering / Bioengineering or related fields before June 2012. Excellent academic records. Good spoken and written English. Demonstrated strong research experience and/or strong programming skills (C++, Labview, and Matlab) are preferred.
The candidate will work with Dr. Chao Zhou and a Postdoctoral Associate in the lab on one of the following research areas and/or develop new research directions:
Novel contrast for OCT/OCM
OCT/OCM imaging for developmental biology and tissue engineering applications
OCT/OCM imaging of brain functions
OCT/OCM for cancer imaging
Interested candidates should submit their applications through Lehigh’s Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (http://www.ece.lehigh.edu/index.php?page=graduate-admissions) or Bioengineering Program (http://www.lehigh.edu/bioe/admission.html). The candidates may indicate their interest in working with Dr. Chao Zhou in their application materials.
About Lehigh University:
Lehigh University is a private university located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, with easy access to Philadelphia (50 miles south) and New York City (75 miles east). Lehigh is among the most selective, highly ranked private research universities in the U.S. and is historically known for engineering and business. As of 2010, the university comprises 4,781 undergraduate students, 2,270 graduate students, 666 professors, and a staff of 1,255. For more information, visit http://www.lehigh.edu/.
About Dr. Chao Zhou:
Dr. Chao Zhou obtained his Ph.D. degree in physics in 2007 from the University of Pennsylvania, where he worked with Professor Arjun G. Yodh on the development of diffuse optical spectroscopy and imaging techniques. In August 2007, Dr. Zhou joined Professor James G. Fujimoto’s Laser Medicine and Medical Imaging Group at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a postdoctoral associate. Since then, he has been working on the development of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and Optical Coherence Microscopy (OCM) technologies. Dr. Zhou has published over 35 peer-reviewed journal articles, and is a recipient of numerous awards, including the National Institute of Health Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00). Dr. Zhou will join the faculty at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and Bioengineering Program at Lehigh’s P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science in June 2012. For more information, visithttp://www.ece.lehigh.edu/~zhou/.
- Biomedical Programmer Required in Chennai (biomedikal.in)
- Tips for Biotech Engineers For Masters in Biomedical Engineering (biomedikal.in)
- Southeast Biomedical Engineering Career Conference (SEBECC) 2011 (biomedikal.in)
- PhD Positions in Biomedical Engineering at NTU, Singapore (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Teaching Job in Malaysia (High Package) (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer IPR/Patent Job in Delhi/NCR (biomedikal.in)
- 2012 2nd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Technology (ICBET 2012) (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Graduate Biomedical Engineer Apprentice at HLL life care (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Required in Andhra Pradesh (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Hospital Engineer Required in Maldives (biomedikal.in)