With an objective to nurture talent in the field of information technology and allied areas, the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad has launched a five-year integrated post graduate Bio- Medical Engineering course for the coming 2012-13 academic session.
Giving details M D Tiwari, IIIT-A director, said that Bio-Medical Engineering is a division of engineering that deals with the study of engineering laws and techniques that are applied in the medical sector. Bio-medical engineering develops and manufactures of prostheses, medical equipments, diagnostic devices and drugs. Biomedical engineering course curriculum includes bio-mechanics, tissue and cellular engineering, genetic engineering, orthopaedic surgery, bio-instrumentation, medical imaging and bio-materials.
The institute has already carried out several research works in the allied field of IT. “We have already developed an artificial limb at our robotics lab,” said Dr Tiwari. There will be total 45 seats, which include seven for SC students and three for ST students. Twelve students belonging to OBC and 23 students of general category will be admitted in the five-year Integrated M Tech course.
The biomedical engineers utilise the customary engineering methods and theories to examine and resolve problems in biology and medicine, and thereby provide a complete enhancement of health care. Biomedical engineering is getting more popularity around the world due to rising of medical technologies. Hence, there is a great demand of biomedical engineers in recent years.
Students who have passed Class XII in science discipline may appear in the entrance test scheduled to be held on June 17, 2012. Candidates appearing in qualifying examinations may also apply. Merit/Merit cum Means scholarship will be given to first year, second year and third year students, said the director.
Biomedical engineering is one of the recognised professional career options for students in India. Biomedical engineers and technologists can seek employment in various industries such as hospitals, medical institutions, manufacturing units, medical equipment, government agencies and pharmaceuticals. Biomedical engineers develop modified devices and provide advice for handling and maintaining medical equipments. Individuals also can seek employment in medical equipment companies as technical advisers.
There are ample opportunities for biomedical engineers in the field of research and development at research institutes, government agencies in India, universities and other abroad countries.
- Biomedical Service Engineer Job in MNC (biomedikal.in)
- [M.Tech Admissions] Biomedical Engineering @ IIT Hyderabad (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering- Ignored Profession in India (biomedikal.in)
- [Admissions] B.Tech & M.Tech Biomedical Engineering, Shobhit University (biomedikal.in)
- BINOCS 2012- Techno Carnival of Biomedical Engineering (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering Job- Top solution for Income (biomedikal.in)
- XEURON 2012: Biomedical Engineering Techfest in Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- Umbilikal- International Biomedical Engineering E-Magazine (biomedikal.in)
- Umblikal- International Biomedical Engineering E-Magazine (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Biomedical Engineer Jobs in Chennai (biomedikal.in)