Thin film coatings and surface engineering are an integral part of many bio-medical devices. Many cardiovascular, orthopedic and other implants as well as extra-corporeal accessories require fatigue-resistant, high-strength materials coatings and bio/hemo-compatible surfaces to achieve the intended functionality. Novel concepts, technology and thinking in this field have enabled advancement in existing devices as well as development of futuristic devices.
International Workshop on Coatings and Surfaces for Bio medical engineering (IWCSB 2014) is an attempt to discuss the technological advancements, to share the ideas, disseminate the information and more importantly foster groups to pursue research in the field of in coatings & surface engineering for medical applications. Also, it is an excellent opportunity for the young researchers, academia and industry to explore this exciting field in its infancy.
Society of Vacuum Coaters Foundation, USA
Tutorial session aims to provide some basic knowledge and advanced techniques in biomedical coatings to the participants who are new to the field and wish to direct their efforts towards the frontiers of coatings and surfaces in biomedical engineering. The topics covered in the tutorial include
- Thin Film Deposition:
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) & Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD),
- Biomaterials and Bio/hemocompatibility
- Implants: Coatings & Surface Engineering
Theme of the workshop
- Bioactive surfaces
- Biofunctionalization of material surfaces
- Biocompatible coatings for various implants
- Coating technologies for bio-surfaces & interfaces
- Characterization of biomedical coatings
- Biomimetic & bio-inspired coatings
- New trends in coating materials & processes
Some Salient features of the workshop:
- A total of 25 or more talks including 4 plenary lectures and more than 10 invited lectures by domain experts from India and abroad.
- 20 contributory talks by experts and young scientists and more than 40 poster presentations.
- A perspective by medical doctors in each session
Call for Papers
Papers invited in the areas relevant to the themes of the workshop themes towards several oral and poster presentations sessions. Two-page extended abstracts are welcome for primary submission. For the format of abstract and submission, please refer the website www.iwcsb.org
Partial TA/DA to young researchers will be provided subjected to the availability of funds.
Who should attend
Medical Doctors, Clinicians, Biomedical Scientists, Thin Films and Surface Engineering Community (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) both at Academia and Industry.
How to Register
Registration can be made by NEFT or through cheque/DD drawn in favour of IWCSB2014.
Limited accommodation available at IIT Guest House and Hostels. More details at www.iwcsb.org
IWCSB 2014 – Feb16-19,2014
Abstract Submission 15th Nov 2013
Notification of Acceptance 1st Dec 2013
Early Registration Date 15th Dec 2013