In WHO we are searching for Biomedical Engineering ( or related fields, medical engineer, clinical engineer,… )
- Students, candidates for internship program, this can be for a WHO country office, a Regional office (Copenhagen, Brazzaville, Cairo, Manila, New Delhi or Washington) or headquarters ( Geneva, Switzerland).
Candidates should be more than 21 years, after 3rd year in University, and preferably some clinical experience if possible. We also welcome professors in sabbatical year or volunteers.
Please note these are non-paid positions. Time of stay between 6 weeks and 3 months. More information in http://www.who.int/employment/internship/en /
- Biomedical Engineering (or related field), with more than 4 years of experience, for short term contracts in WHO, based in Geneva, Switzerland, any of the project below: to start in the next weeks.
- Medical Devices for Cancer care,
- The goal of the project is to define the medical devices used for prevention, diagnostics, treatment and palliative care, for the following types of cancer: lung, prostate, colon, breast, cervical and leukaemia , based in clinical guidelines, protocols and evidence based medicine. Studies will be conducted in 5 low income countries. Timeframe: contract less than 6 months , between October or- November 2014 to April 2015. (note: 2.5 days of vacations per month)
- Medical devices for Neonatal care
- To support the WHO work on medical devices for the UN Commission on Life Saving Commodities, particularly on the neonatal resuscitation devices. Experience in technical specifications, standards and use of these devices is required. Knowledge of regulatory approval is important. Work will involve interaction/ communication with biomedical engineers or procurement responsibles in 49 low income countries, and finding data from manufacturers. The Contract would be from mid October to 20th December.
Terms of reference will be available for the ones that comply with the above mentioned requirements, are interested and might be available for the required timelines.
The interested candidates are required to have excellent knowledge of English and other UN language, ( French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian). Good written and oral skills, desire to work for global health concerns, particularly for low resource settings.
Please note that salaries and support for living in Geneva will be according to your CV, and experience, according to UN salaries. If you are selected, your travel will be provided.
If you are interested and have availability, please let us know, sending your preliminary CV to email@example.com
Note,: If you want to leave your CV for further considerations in WHO, be for intern or for job, please fill the WHO format at: http://www.who.int/employment/en/