School of Medical Science and Technology is organizing National Workshop on Biostatistics: Applications of Computational Statistics in Medicine & Biology (ACSMB – 2011) between September 08-10, 2011 as a part of Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. This workshop will provide an introduction to computational statistics, with special emphasis on statistical methods and software for addressing high-dimensional inference problems that arise in present biological and medical research. ACSMB-2011 is mainly designed to train researchers, young faculty and post graduates in applying various statistical methods, using softwares and databases to effectively handle clinical and biological data.
It gives us immense pleasure to invite you to ACSMB-2011. There will be a full schedule of invited lectures, hands on training session as well as discussion platforms covering a wide variety of topics in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics.
Topics of interest for Invited Lectures and Hands on Training will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Biomedical Pattern Recognition
- Epidemiology and Public Health Research
EMINENT SPEAKERS :
- Prof. Arvind Pandey, Director; National Institute of Medical Statistics (ICMR), New Delhi
- Prof. Indira Ghosh, Professor; School of Informatics Technology, JNU, New Delhi
- Prof. Karmeshu, Professor; School of Computer and Systems Sciences, JNU, New Delhi
- Prof. Nikhil R Pal, Professor; Electronics and Comm. Sciences Unit, ISI Kolkata
- Dr. S Ghosh Dastidar, Director; G D Institute for Fertility Research, Kolkata
- Prof. Sanghamitra Bandopadhyay; Professor; Machine Intelligence Unit, ISI Kolkata
- Prof. Atanu Biswas, Professor; Applied Statistics Unit, ISI Kolkata
- Prof. Sharmila Sengupta, Professor; Human Genetics Unit, ISI Kolkata
- Prof. Uttam Bandopadhyay, Reader; Dept. of Statistics, Calcutta University
- Prof. Amit Konar, Professor; Dept. of Electronics & Telecom. Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Prof. M C Bagchi, Head & Professor; Structural Biology & Bio-Informatics Division, IICB (CSIR), Kolkata
- Prof. Nanda Ghosal, Professor; Structural Biology & Bio-Informatics Division, IICB (CSIR), Kolkata
- Prof. Arindam Maitra, Professor; National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani
- Dr. C Murli Krishna, Professor; Center for Laser Spectroscopy, Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Prof. Pranab K Dutta, Head & Professor ; SMST, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. Prabir K Biswas, Professor; E&ECE, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. Pabitra Mitra, Associate Professor; CSE, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. Ranjit Prasad Bahadur, Assistant Professor; Biotechnology Dept., IIT Kharagpur
The number of participants will be restricted to FORTY and admission will be purely on first come – first served basis. The deadline for registration is 15 th July, 2011 . Registration fees indicated below includes workshop materials, refreshments and lunch:
- Student : INR 3,000.00
- Faculty/Scientist from Institute/University : INR 4,000.00
- Participant from Industry : INR 6,000.00
How to Apply :
Registration fee should be paid in full by 15 th July, 2011. Payments to be made by Demand Draft in favor of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur’ payable at Kharagpur along with the filled up Registration form to the below mentioned address of Convenor ACSMB-2011. Last date of receiving application is 15 th July, 2011. Selected participants will be informed via e-mail by 20 th July, 2011.
Since the total number of seats are limited, the registration will be done on the first come first serve basis.
Participants will bear their own expenses for travel, boarding and should arrange their accommodation by themselves. However, arrangements can be made by the organizers subject to request and availability in the Institute Guest Houses on payment basis. Participants requiring accommodation need to send a bank draft (non-refundable) in favour of ‘TECH GUEST HOUSE, Establishment A/C’ payable at Kharagpur separately after confirmation (20 th July, 2011). Please note that no accommodation booking will be entertained after August 01, 2011. Accommodation in the Institute guest houses will be booked as per first come first served basis. Some hotels are available outside the Institute campus and payments for such to be made on spot in the hotels.
|i : Single Room AC Accommodation in TGH||Rs. 800/-per day/person|
|ii : Twin Sharing AC Accommodation in TGH||Rs. 600/- per day/person|
|iii : Twin Sharing AC Accommodation in VGH (First come first serve)||Rs. 200/- per day/person|
|iv : Single Room Non AC Accommodation in VGH (First come first serve)||Rs. 100/- per day/person|
Kharagpur situated 116 km west of Kolkata is known for the longest railway platform in the world.
It will take 2 hours by train from Kolkata or 3 hours by car from Kolkata Airport. It is also connected to most major cities of India. The institute is 5 km from Kharagpur railway station.
Please send your query regarding ACSMB in the following email address:
Duly filled Registration Form along with bank drafts to be mailed to:
Dr. Chandan Chakraborty
Biostatistics and Medical Informatics Lab
School of Medical Science & Technology
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Tel: 03222-283570 Fax: 03222-282221
- Biomedical Engineer with Valid GATE Score Required @ IIT Kharagpur for JRF/SRF (biomedikal.in)
- Government Biomedical Engineer Job in ISI, kolkata (biomedikal.in)