UBM Canon, organisers of the MEDTEC Europe Exhibition and Conference in Stuttgart, are pleased to announce a major new initiative to recognise the contribution made by the European-based medical device industry in the promotion of a better standard of life and improved human health around the world.
The MEDTEC EMDT Innovation Awards are the premier awards program for the medical device industry in Europe, recognising the achievements of medical product manufacturers and for the groundbreaking innovations that are changing the face of healthcare.
The program is open to worldwide companies who have a European base and individuals and teams involved in the design, engineering, manufacture, or distribution of finished medical devices or medical packaging. Awards are offered in each of the following 11 categories:
- Medical Device Industry Design Team of the Year
- Dental Instrument or Equipment of the Year
- Medical Finished Packaging Product of the Year
- Implant or Tissue-Replacement Product of the Year
- Surgical Equipment Innovation of the Year
- Most Innovative Cardiac Product of the Year
- Best Medical Device Start-Up of the Year
- Critical-Care and Emergency Medicine Product of the Year
- Diagnostic Imaging Innovation of 2011
- In-Vitro Diagnostic Product of 2011
- Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
All entered products must be commercially available—able to be ordered or purchased—by 31st October 2011. The entry period for the MEDTEC EMDT Innovation Awards runs from August through October 2011. Entry fees differ according to the date on which the entry is submitted.
Each year’s winning products are publicly announced in EMDT magazine. Winners receive a prestigious award trophy at a special ceremony during the MEDTEC Europe trade fair, held in Stuttgart, Germany, each March. Winners will be announced on the evening of 14 March 2012 at a special gala dinner during MEDTEC Europe 2012 in Stuttgart.
The MEDTEC EMDT Innovation Awards is a prestigious events program that provides companies with year-round opportunities to increase the distinction of their winning products. If you don’t find the information you are looking for, please contact a member of the awards team on +44 (0) 20 7921 8090 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
To discuss awards sponsorship opportunities please contact the Awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org.