Are you Covidien?
As a global, $10+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
JOB TITLE: Test Engineer – I
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineer (Testing)
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Junior position reporting to Senior Engineer (Reliability & Testing)
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or data base and correlates the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures and Reliability software.
- Conduct reliability testing and analysis (on/ off site).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reliability Prediction, estimation using various reliability software tools.
- Perform FMEA / CA and FTA of sub-components and full systems.
- Develop and execute reliability tests such as TAAF, ALT, HALT and RDT
- Failure analysis of field systems-components/in-house testing failures.
- Perform design reliability verification, reliability modeling & identify product reliability stressors, conduct burn-in and life test analysis.
- Assist in RCA and development of remedial solutions in association with design team.
- Lead conduct of environmental and other stress tests on system to evaluate reliability.
- Travel in India and abroad to various global business units and engineering support partners related to above mentioned activities/ training.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Work closely with other positions of various functions within the organization, global business units and with other engineering support providers and test agencies.
- Entry level with nil to two years relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of relevant industry Reliability standards applicable to medical devices/ electronics industry for similar products.
- Experience in reliability engineering in Health Care equipments, Electronics, Energy or Tele-communications sectors would be a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of electronics component reliability specifications & screening methods.
- Must have hands-on ability with software tools such as ?Predict, Weibull+?+?; ALTA; XFRACAS; XFMEA; BlockSim, DOE++, Minitab or other reliability software / statistical tools.
- Graduate level education (BE/BS) or equivalent engineering degree in electronics/ electrical/ mechanical/ computer science/ IT with Post graduate degree in Reliability Engineering.
- ASQ Certification CREwould be a plus.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Telephone, personal computer linked to local area networks, and copy machine.
- Measurement tools, hand tools, multi meters, and other engineering laboratory tools.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Usual office environment with frequent* sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balancing, stooping and occasionally* climbing.
- Frequent* use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally* and/or up to 10 pounds frequently*.
- Frequent* use of light machine tools and laboratory instruments.
- Frequently* required to interpret displayed results on laboratory instruments.
*Occasional: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
*Frequent: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.