|Job Description||Needed a Biomedical engineer who has 1-4 years of experience in a hospital in the Biomedical dept.
BE/B-tech/Diploma in Biomedical
|Desired Profile||Qualification: BE or Diploma in Biomedical OR Medical Electronics OR Electronics OR Instrumentation OR Electrical Engineering with Minimum of One years of hands on experience in hospitals in relevant field.
Reporting to: Head Biomedical Engineer/Manager-Administration.
· Perform a variety of routine and complex tasks associated with the installation and maintenance of biomedical equipment.
· Provide the first hand support during the equipment breakdown or whenever needed by user department.
· Document the introduction of new therapeutic and diagnostic equipment, corrective and preventive maintenance actions and special requests as required.
· Serve as a resource to Wockhardt Hospital employees in the proper operation and maintenance of medical equipment.
· Assist department head in capital equipment planning; assist in identifying and recommending replacement of equipment that is obsolete, has extensive repair history, or has identified safety issues.
· Ensure that all incoming biomedical equipment is inspected as per biomedical departmental policy.
· Notify user departments regarding status of repairs and works with departments to obtain loaner or replacement equipment as required.
· Report all patient safety issues to department head and assist with correction of issue as required.
· Improve or make special test setups to conduct functional checks of medical electronic test equipment
· Perform electrical safety tests on biomedical instrumentation using test equipment.
· Meet departmental performance indicator standards on a consistent basis.
· Answer phones in a pleasant manner; screen and refer calls as appropriate; deliver messages and provide information to staff, visitors, and patients, upon request.
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Effectively prioritize tasks and maintain required levels of productivity.
· Demonstrate initiative and concern for planning, time utilization, and cost containment.
· Maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers, nursing and medical staff, and the general public.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation. Maintain maintenance history records and prepare reports as required
· Maintain a clean and safe work place.
· Perform all duties related to this position, as they are needed.
· Follow all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of electronic circuitry.
Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting.
Significant knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Ability to demonstrate competency in the use and operation of all required equipment. (To be developed after hands on experience)
Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
Ability to work without direct supervision.
Ability to take call if needed.
Ability to read color codes on wiring and electronic components and gas supply system.
Ability to function in a sterile environment if necessary.
Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if needed.
Ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions.
Ability to maintain neat and accurate records.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clinical and medical staff, and the general public.
A working knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and medical terminology.
A working knowledge of e-mail, database management, and word processor applications and lotus notes.
Based on the exigencies of work and the need of your organization, he may be required to perform jobs not specifically listed above. Such jobs will always be appropriate to his position and stature in the Company. In case such jobs are to be performed on regular basis then your job description will be changed after mutual discussion.
|Experience||2 – 7 Years|
|Industry Type||Medical/ Healthcare/Hospital|
|Functional Area||Healthcare, Medical, R&D|
|Education||UG – Any Graduate – Any Specialization,Graduation Not Required
PG – Any PG Course – Any Specialization,Post Graduation Not Required
Fortis Hospitals Ltd
|Job Posted||12 Oct|