WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of health information, has launched its Medscape from WebMD mobile app for Apple iPad™ and Android™ smartphones and tablets. Medscape Mobile is the premier free medical reference, news and education app for healthcare professionals. Since its release on the iPhone® and BlackBerry, nearly 700,000 healthcare professionals have become registered users of Medscape’s Mobile application. Medscape was also recently named the most downloaded free Medical app of the year for iPhone by Apple on its iTunes Rewind 2010 featured list of Apps.
The Medscape apps for iPad and Android feature:
- Fast drug reference database for researching prescribing and safety information on over 8,000 brand-name, generic and over-the counter (OTC) drugs, including herbals and supplements.
- Powerful drug interaction checker that quickly identifies interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements with detailed information from minor to contraindicated interactions.
- In-depth clinical reference and treatment guide with information on nearly 3,400 diseases and conditions, enhanced with 1000’s of images.
- Step by step instructions for more than 600 clinical procedures, many with video.
- Continually updated drug and clinical reference content via one-click, over-the-air updates, as well as off-line access to reference content, treatment guide and drug interaction checker for times when there is no Internet access.
- Daily professional medical news articles from Medscape Medical News across more than 30 specialties.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) covering hundreds of topics across more than 30 specialty areas.
- Professional directories with search and email capabilities for more than 460,000 physicians, 6,000 hospitals and 57,000 pharmacies are available on the Android and iPhone applications.
- WebMD Brings Popular Medscape App to iPad and Android (medgadget.com)