Researcher / Senior Researcher-RND00001916
Procter & Gamble is the world’s leading FMCG Company and is seeking B.Tech/ M.S. candidates with 0 – 3 years experience in FMCG R&D,for a Researcher/ Senior Researcher position at their Bangalore Innovation Center in Whitefield, Bangalore.
Researchers and Senior Researchers in P&G are responsible for performing a wide variety of complex tasks that involve conducting or directing experiments, independently evaluating and summarizing data and communicating results both orally and in writing to senior R&D colleagues.
Such tasks are aimed at inventing, reapplying, developing and delivering break through product, process, raw material, and packaging technologies that provide delightful and winning brand experiences to consumers. R&D Researchers/ Sr.
Researchers work with multi disciplinary and highly professional teams across the Company and contribute to the planning and execution of a broad range of technical tasks and propose and test their own observations and theories. R&D functions in P&G include a variety of technical fields: Products Research, Process Development, Raw Material Development or Packaging Development
The advertised position is for a Researcher / Sr. Researcher – R&D: Products Research, in P&G’s Beauty & Grooming category. The responsibilities of the “Products Research” function in R&D at P&G is to:
· Identify and deeply understand and model the needs of our consumers and customers, product technologies and businesses.
· Translate these into successful innovation strategies, winning products and meaningful claims.
· Drive these innovations to market.
– The responsibilities of the individual will involve working in a global team to support development and delivery of Beauty & Grooming products and technology to deliver against consumer desires.
– The individual will leverage and qualify P&G products and packages in the market to create the experiences that delight the consumers
– The individual will be required to gain a good understanding of the technologies behind P&G products and translate these technical advantages into intuitive consumer communication through compelling claims and demos.
– This job will require periodic travel within India, and some travel to other P&G technical centres in Asia.
We look for candidates who have a passion for winning and who have demonstrated excellence in their work and academic experience. We look for people with leadership skills who are effective in teams. We want employees with good analytical skills and the ability to think of out-of-the box solutions to business problems. We want people who are able to handle multiple priorities, who have a bias for action and who are genuinely interested in personal development and the development of others. Finally, we want people who would respect and embody the Principles and Core Values that make P&G the organization it is.
The successful candidate:
– Must possess a B.Tech/ MS degree in a technical field such as Chemical Engineering, Cosmetic Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Bio-chemistry, Physical Chemistry or a related field.
– It would be an advantage to possess 1 – 3 years of experience in the FMCG industry (e.g. Beauty Care, Laundry, Oral Care, Snacks, feminine care, Baby care) in a role that required an intricate understanding of both the Technology and consumers.
– Proven success from school or work experience that demonstrates skills in leadership by envisioning, direction setting and enrolling others; thinking/problem solving; creativity & innovation; initiative & follow-through; communication; and priority setting.
– Interest to pursue and develop a deep, sustained and insightful understanding of consumer desires, product technologies and packaging in the areas of Skin Care, Hair Care, Personal Cleansing and Male Grooming.
– A quick learner with a keen interest to understand consumer, business and technical needs in a new FMCG category
– It is an advantage if the candidate has an expert knowledge of technologies and their consumer relevance in the Beauty care category.
– Ability to work well with global teams in a culturally diverse environment and be able to influence decisions by providing data based recommendations
– Ability to develop outside suppliers and build long term relationship with large and small partners
– Ability to work in a fast paced result driven organization culture. Agility in response to new business requirements and technical learning
– Excellent English communication skills including reading, writing and speaking