If you are applying for admission to IISc
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.Sc.(Engg) degree programme at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). IISc is happy to announce that fellowships will be awarded to the most promising students who are selected for admission to one of these programmes. Further details are given below.
Basic eligibility criteria
Only those who are NOT citizens of India are eligible to apply for admission through this mechanism. Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the the regular admission process.
Foreign students are eligible to apply only for a Ph.D. programme or an M.Sc.(Engg) programme. They are NOT eligible to apply for an integrated Ph.D. programme, ME/MTech programme, the proposed undergraduate programme etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Individual Programmes
- For Ph.D. programme: A Masters degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a Ph.D. programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed inthis page.
- For M.Sc.(Engineering) programme: A four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a M.Sc.(Engg.) programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed in this page.
Required supporting documents
- Transcripts, degree certificate (if available) and three recommendation letters from persons familiar with the academic credentials of the candidate.
- Optional (to be reported if available): GRE scores.
- Each applicant can select a maximum of 3 Departments/Centres.
- There is no application fee.
- For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted online before January 31, 2011.
If a Department shortlists you, a Departmental Committee will interview you using the web or the telephone.
If you are selected for a programme at the IISc, IRC will mail admission offer letters by end of April, 2011.
You are required to join the Institute by August 1, 2011 after completing all the necessary formalities.
If you are selected, you will be offered hostel accommodation and a fellowship by IISc. The fellowship amount will be equal to that offered to Indian students. This fellowship is usually adequate to pay tuition fees, hostel and mess fees and cover your living expenses.
If you have already secured admission to IISc
If you have already secured admission to IISc, information regarding pre-arrival formalities etc can be foundhere.
- PhD position in Biomedical Research in Italy (biomedikal.in)
- THE WELLCOME TRUST/DBT INDIA ALLIANCE Fellowship for PhD Students (biomedikal.in)
- PhD Position in Biomedical Diagnostic Devices in U.K (Last Date 1st July) (biomedikal.in)