The Symposium provide a forum for the presentation of new developments in the important interdisciplinary field of biomedical systems involving the application of concepts, methods and techniques of modeling, informatics and control of complex biomedical systems.
The Symposium address problems in biomedicine, physiology and biology related to:
• model formulation,
• experiment design,
• identification and validation,
• biosignal analysis and interpretation,
• developments in measurement,
• signal processing,
• tracer kinetic modeling using various
• imaging systems,
• biomedical system modeling, simulation and visualization,
• decision support and control.
Application areas will include:
• cellular, metabolic, cardiovascular, neurosystems,
• healthcare management, disease control, critical care,
• pharmacokinetics and drug delivery,
• decision support systems for the control of physiological and clinical variables,
• biomedical imaging systems,
• intensive and chronic therapy,
• control of voluntary movements, respiration,
• rehabilitation engineering and healthcare delivery,
• kinetic modeling and control of biological systems and artificial organs,
• quantification of physiological parameters for diagnosis assessment.
Any other contributions to the development of modeling and control in biomedical and biological systems will be welcome.
Call for Papers
Dates Aug 29, 2012 – Aug 31, 2012
Where Budapest, Hungary
Submission Deadline Feb 3, 2012
Notification Due Apr 21, 2012
Final Version Due Jun 8, 2012
Detailed Notification Symposium Website