How to Apply for Summer Training/ Project work in IIT,Bombay
Procedure for doing Project work in IIT Bombay
(Applicable only to Indian nationals studying in India. Foreign nationals as well as Indian nationals studying abroad, should refer to the admission procedure provided at:
1. The student himself/herself has to find a Supervisor in IIT Bombay according to his/her stream
and the Supervisor’s consent to supervise his/her project work is to be sought.
2. After the Supervisor agrees to supervise his/her project work, he/she can get the form from the
Academic Office/download from the IIT Website. (www.iitb.ac.in)
3. The duly filled application form signed by the student, Principal/Director of the College, Guide
& Head of the Department, IIT Bombay is to be submitted to the Academic Office alongwith
the recommendation letter from his/her College Principal/Director and two recent photographs.
4. On receipt of the form, his/her request will be processed further for obtaining approval of the
Competent Authority. After approval, he/she will be informed to make appropriate payment to
the Cash Section, IIT Bombay at the rates given below :
i) Summer training (8 weeks) Rs. 6,000/
iii) Masters’ project work (M.Tech. Level) Rs. 20,000/for a period upto 6 months
iv) Masters’ project work (M.Tech. Level) Rs. 25,000/for more than 6 months and upto 1 year
5. After paying the fees, the student has to submit the original form and original receipt of payment of fees to the Academic Office. Then he/she may be asked to go the Security Section to obtain the “Application Form” for Identity Card which he/she has to fill and get it verified from the Academic Office to submit the same to the Security Section, IIT Bombay.
6. The student will be permitted to use the library facilities as per rules by using this temporary Identity Card.
7. If the student wants hostel facilities, he/she may contact Mr. Pillai on on 02225768900 in the Hostel Coordinating Unit (HCU) or mail at email@example.com
8. On completion of the project work, the student has to submit a copy of Application Form wherein the Guide certifies that he/she has completed his/her project work satisfactorily with relevant details.
9. On receipt of the same, Academic Office will issue a “Project Completion Certificate” to the concerned student.