Event Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012
The Department has organized a series of ‘BIOYANTRA’ a National Level Technical Event in the yester years. With the success story of the event, this year it is organized with the theme: “Improved Patient Health Care Delivery by Connecting Biomedical Industry, Academia and Hospital”.
Health related problems are increasing every year. Also, the longevity of the general population has increased significantly. This increases the demand of health care services. In order to deliver better health care delivery to all, medical professionals require newer sophisticated medical devices/equipments in almost all the specializations of medicine, surgery, and therapy. This requirement may be fulfilled by the biomedical engineer by designing and fabricating the prototype of the same. This is usually supported by an industry. After finishing several trails, and validation, the technology may be patented and commercialized. The academia, who is offering Biomedical Engineering (BME) Course, takes an effort to deliver the knowledge to the budding engineer in order to meet the requirements of both hospital and biomedical industry. Biomedical engineer ensures quality control of all diagnostic as well as therapeutic equipments. But, there is a knowledge gap between these three groups that will hamper the better health care delivery. Hence, this event is an attempt to bridge the gap between biomedical industry, engineer, and hospital. Ultimately, the society is benefited out hopefully. It also provides a platform for exposure to latest innovations in medical equipment and its regulations.
• Brings academic, hospital and industrial biomedical engineering communities together
• Connects students/academic community to real world commercial opportunities
• Focus on entrepreneurship
• Promote and support experiential educational opportunities in product design, innovation, and entrepreneurship
LEAD SPEAKERS & DEMONSTRATION OF THE MEDICAL DEVICE/ EQUIPMENT
All the lectures will be delivered by eminent Biomedical Industrialist, Physicians, Surgeons, and other experts from academic institutions in India, who are working in this field. An interesting demo of various medical devices/equipments will be arranged.
BIOMEDICAL DEVICE STALL
We invite to all biomedical industries to showcase their existing as well as new arrivals of biomedical devices/equipments in this event. In order to facilitate it, facilities are available near the conference venue to install stalls on prior request. Kindly contact the organizers to know about the details of the stall.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Medical device/equipment manufacturers, sales/service professionals
• General Medical Professionals
• Biomedical engineers
• Hospital Administrative staffs
• Biomedical Researchers/Faculties
• Biomedical Technologists
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
– Experience with multidisciplinary teams
– Clarification of biomedical market needs
– Academia/ Hospital
• exposure of design program
• supplement to entrepreneurial programs
• promotes translational research/technology transfer
– For Industry
• increased involvement with academia and medical professional
• access to new technologies/devices for technology transfer
• promotion of biomedical devices/equipments
– For Students
• experiential learning
• exposure to industry (employment)
Category By August 15th,2012:
Medical Professional Rs.1000
Industry Rs.800 Rs.1000
Faculty: Rs 500
• Registration fee is to be paid through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘BIOMEDICAL SRM’, payable at Chennai. Once paid, the fee will not be refunded.
• The fee includes souvenir, kit, lunch and snacks, but excludes accommodation.
• No travel assistance of any kind will be given.
• Student delegates must obtain the signature and seal from HOD/Head of the Institutions, without which the registration form will not be accepted
Deadline for Registration: August 15th 2012
Stall Request: August 15th 2012
Advertisement submission for Souvenir: August 20th 2012
ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO
Ms. S.P. Angeline Kirubha
Org. Secretary–Bioyantra Med Expo’12
Assistant Professor, Dept of Bio Medical Engineering
SRM University, Kattankulathur- 603 203, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.