B.Tech Biomedical Engineering students should apply for following disciplines
- M.Tech in Biomedical Engineering (under Department of Applied Mechanics)
- M.Tech in Clinical Engineering ( under Department of Biotechnology)
- The Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture or equivalent discipline from recognized university.
- Candidates obtained degrees through Distance education/ Correspondence mode, the Departments will follow interview procedure for screening in such cases.
- Candidates should have qualified in GATE 2012 or 2013.
Candidates admitted for M.Tech programe are offered Half-time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) of Rs 8,000/- Per month. Admission to few additional candidates who are merit list may be offered without HTTA. They may get HTTA after 6 months depending upon the vacancy.
How to apply:
- The Application form can be submitted online.
- The application fee of Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PD candidates and Rs 200/- for general candidates with DD drawn in favor of ‘The Registrar, IIT Madras’, payable at Chennai should be sent to below address.
Online application opens: March 16, 2013.
Last date for applying online: April 01, 2013.
Last date fro receipt of application form to reach GATE Office: April 05, 2013.
M.Tech Admission Committee,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
I.I.T. Post Office,
Chennai – 600036.
Tel: 044 – 22578200.
E-mail: email@example.com .