Lecture Notes-CLICK ON THE TOPICS TO DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY
- Topic 1. Introduction
- Topic 2. Overview of different image modalities: photo images, video, and 2D-3D-4D medical data
- Topic 3. Overview of basic image processing (point and local neighborhood processing): gamma correction, histogram equalization, window-center adjustment, linear filtering, image gradients.
- Topic 4. Basic image segmentation in 2D (thresholding, region-growing, mean-shift, live-wire).
- Topic 5. Deformable models (snakes): gradient descend, DP-snakes. Also distance transforms and generalized distance transforms.
- Topic 6. Beyond snakes: implicit vs. explicit representation of boundaries, level-sets, geodesic active contours, geometric energy functionals.