BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE TRAINING AT CDAC MOHALI

1. BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES

2. Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is an autonomous Scientific society of Department of Electronics, Govt. of India.

Apart from leading edge research in Electronics & IT technology, C-DAC endeavors train manpower in Information Technology, Electronics Product Design, Manufacturing and Repair & Maintenance.

The institute provides value addition courses to the students of engineering and other professional institutes to meet specific needs of the industry.

In addition, the information technology and telecom sectors have opened up suddenly those vistas, which require a very large specially trained manpower. Moreover, these sectors are highly dynamic and need training and re-training of the manpower, at a rapid rate.

The growing gap of requirement of the industry and its fulfillment has created a challenging situation before role in meeting this challenge and are making concerted efforts to fill this important gap.

C-DAC also develops entrepreneurs and designers in electronics, maintains close links with industries, R & D Centres and academic institutions undertakes product development, contract research and consultancy.

C-DAC Centres are imparting training annually to about 350 students through short-term training courses. The C-DAC training programmes are well received by industry as well as individuals who desire to setup their own industries.

So far, most of the students trained in these Centres have been suitably employed by industry or have become self-employed.

3. C-DAC, MOHALI (CHANDIGARH)

4. C-DAC, Mohali established in May 1989 caters to the training, consultancy, design and product development needs of electronics industry and allied sectors and also promotes potential entrepreneurs through various services and training programmes. The Centre has recently been awarded ISO 9002 Certification.

C-DAC Mohali has its own impressive building having a covered area of approximately 4300sq. Mtr. In a 10 acre plot near Semiconductor Complex Ltd. The location of the Centre in the ELTOP (Electronics Town of Punjab) Complex amidst a large number of industries manufacturing electronics product relating to computers, peripherals, communication equipment and components, offers a great professional challenge to the faculty and staff of the Centre.

The institute has a student’s hostel with all modern facilities. The Centre, at present, offers courses relating to Product Design and Technology, Microprocessor based System Design, Quality and Reliability aspects of Electronics Equipment, Manufacturing Technologies, Biomedical instrumentation, Communication Systems, Maintenance Engineering, Power Electronics, PCB Technology, Computers in Industry, Transformer Design and Technology, Management of Electronic Industry and Entrepreneurship Development in Electronics etc.

Special industry –oriented courses related to computer communications and networking, ASIC design, EMI/EMC, Micro controllers, switched mode power supplies, advance microprocessors, management information systems, computer aided design and data base management are regularly conducted a the Centre.

C-DAC, Mohali has the following 11 laboratories having sophisticated state of the art equipment and latest versions of all major software packages: Microprocessor Lab, Computer Lab, Measurement Lab, Prototype Development Lab, PCB Lab, Power Electronics Lab, Digital Communication Lab, Bio-Medical Equipment Lab and R & D Lab.

The Centre has so far conducted over 400 courses and has trained more than 5000 students through these courses. The institute has its own hostel and catering facility. Air-conditioned accommodation for the course participants is also available. Beside this, there are a number of hotels in the city, which charge reasonable rates for accommodation.

5. IMPORTANCE OF REPAIR, SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE OF MEDICAL EQUIPMENT IN THE DEVELOPING COUNTRIES

6. Healthcare is increasingly becoming technology oriented. Sophisticated machines are being used in almost all medical settings. This equipment not only requires special operational training but also their maintenance is very costly in monetary as well as opportunity terms.

To facilitate maintenance of these equipment the operators are required to be made more conversant with the technology, simple handling and maintenance processes.

Trained Biomedical Engineers are required to take care of these systems cost-effectively. Specially trained engineers are required to take up the repair & maintenance of these systems.

The course aims at:·

Preparing engineers to take up repairs medical equipment. · Preparing medical personnel to maintain & use medical equipment optimally

7. BENEFITS EXPECTED

8. Whereas the participants after training will be assets to their countries, C-DAC, Mohali will be contributing in building up professional interaction amongst the countries.

The trained participants will be effective in – Savings for the Hospital – Direct savings in equipment repair and maintenance costs Savings in terms of enhanced equipment life Capacity building for their nation Trained manpower for repair and service of various medical equipment is scarce in developing and under developed nations.

This training shall contribute immensely towards meeting these manpower needs. Proper utilization and effective management of medical equipment

The equipment can be utilized to best in most effective manner if one is fully trained on its technology. This will also help in identification proper equipment requirements and their procurement.

YEAR & DATE OF Estb. : May 1989

ACCOMMODATION :

Institute Guest House

Duration and Work Schedule

Duration:Eight weeks
No. of participants per course: Maximum 25 weeks
Financial Estimates: US $ 200 per participant per week

Eligibility Criteria

1. B.E/Diploma in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation. Engineers aspiring to take up hospital equipment maintenance jobs.
  2. Hospital staff involved in maintenance & management of medical equipment.
  3. Junior or Middle level officers having the prior basic knowledge of Electronics

Admission procedure

Steps for International students Admissions

1. Application: Submit the application form along with photocopies of the required documents and one photograph.
  2. Letter of acknowledgement: When your application is received, you will be sent a letter of acknowledgement informing you that your application has been registered. Students will also be intimated if additional information is required
  3. Confirmed admission: A letter of confirmed admission is sent when the course tuition fee is paid. This letter may be used by foreign students to apply for a student visa.
  4. Final information package: Four weeks prior to the commencement of classes, information pertaining to hostels, academic calendar, travel and local hotel will be sent. This letter will also indicate the date of registration at CDAC,Mohali
  5. Registration: Students are advised to reach Mohali 2-3 days prior to the commence of classes for submission of their official documents. They can also move into the allotted hostels.

Course Content

BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUES:-

1. Basic & Digital Electronics
  2. Use of Test Equipment e.g.CRO, DMM & Tools
  3. Soldering Techniques & Practice
  4. Troubleshooting techniques

MICROCONTROLLERS (architecture, programming and interfacing):-

1. Introduction to mcs-51 family of microcontrollers, architecture of 8051, Memory concepts
  2. Timers and Interrupts, serial communication, Interfacing concepts

REPAIR & MAINTENANCE OF MEDICAL EQUIPMENT :-
Theory of operation, related physics, physiology, usage (application), handling, operation, routine maintenance and repairs of following equipment:

1. Anaesthesia Machine – Basic diagnostic equipment (Stethoscope and BP apparatus)
  2. Suction Machine
  17. Cardiac Pacemaker
  18. Heart Lung Machine

MISC.

1. Maintenance of battery operated Medical equipment
  2. Use of computers in equipment and healthcare Management

MEDICAL EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT

Preventive maintenance schedules/ Procedures, Equipment specification ( framing/comparison), Equipment inspection & testing, Equipment management system

TELEMEDICINE

1. Introduction to telemedicine technology
  2. Overview of International standards
  3. Demonstration of telemedicine technology
  4. Hands-on practice

PROJECT WORK AND TRAINING

1. Library reading assignment and hands on Maintenance work
  2. Visit to local hospitals and their maintenance workshops
  3. Visit to local medical equipment industries.

INDUSTRIAL VISITS Visits to various hospitals and industries will be arranged to have a hands-on feet and understanding of the bio-medical equipment.

for indian nationals

ADMISSION PROCEDURE
For admission application may be sent on a plain paper stating course applied for, name, mailing address, educational qualification, practical experience and a demand draft/cash for the applicable fee drawn in favour of “The Director”,C-DAC, Mohali. Fee can be paid in two equal installments for Diploma courses.

# Contents of any particular course, if required, can be obtained from Training Counsellor, C-DAC Mohali.
# Course Fee once deposited will not be refunded.

HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION

Request for hostel accommodation should be indicated in the application for admission

HOSTEL CHARGES

Room Rent: Rs.15/- per day per bed; Air-Conditioned Guest is Rs.250/- per day per bed; Meals: Rs.55/- per day(Approx)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

36 thoughts on “BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE TRAINING AT CDAC MOHALI

1. Pallab baruah

I wish to join medical equipment repaire and maintenance certificate course. How to register myself in to your institute.

2. Ahmed Saif eldeen saeed

Am a sudanese biomedical engineer ( imaging devices ) , am looking forward to have course in ( medical imaging equipments ) i have a group of 8 students , we are fresh graduated , the course should start in august 2015 if available . We are very interest to join you if u have this course . Waiting your replied .

3. WALTER E. OKIM

I wish to apply for laboratory equipment maintenance/repair training program.
    Places send me the application from to enable me apply.
    Thanks

4. Odo Matthew Chinedu

I, Odo Matthew Chinedu, a Nigerian and a university of Nigeria Nsukka trained Electronic Engineer is interested in receiving your training on Biomedical Equipment Repair, Servicing and Maintenance. If there is form I need to fill for my application, I did not see it in the internet. Please guide me on how I will get the form to fill. Email me the Total Amount the training will cost me if I will stay in the hostel and when the training will start in this year, 2015. Thanks, looking forward for your reply soon.

5. Adamu Sufi

I need details information about our program.
    Do you have brochure?
    I am interested for your student to attend
    When has graduated with bachelor’s degree
    In Electronics the other in Physics
    From Nigeria
    Best regards
    Adamu Sufi

6. Odo Matthew Chinedu

I, Odo Matthew Chinedu, a Nigerian and a B.Eng. Degree holder in Electronic Engineering, University of Nigeria Nsukka sent a massage to you on February 17, 2015 indicating my interest in receiving your short-tem training on biomeedical equipment repair, servicing and maintenance in C-DAC MOHALI. Please, I did not see the form espected me to submit in No:I of the Admission procedure for international students. Is photocopies of the requred documents you mean that I should submit my credentials? How much will the programme take me if I decide to stay in the hostel. When is the programme expected to start after payment. Please read this massage line by line to help me apply properly.

7. Odo Matthew Chinedu

My name is Odo Matthew Chinedu. Kindly reply me the mail I sent to you on February 21, 2015 to enable me apply for short-term training on biomedical equipment Repair, Servicing and Maintenance in C-DAC MOHALI

8. Girish S. Aynar

I’m interested in biomedical equipment repair and maintenance course,
    Diploma level or Degree level.
    Please provide me information about admission and eligibity for this course.
    With fee structure… Please

9. Dhiman chakravarty

I am working in medical devices sales and serice an interested to take admission in your course. need to know the duration and fees of course

Regards

10. BANDA ZACHARIA

Am writing from Zambia. I did biomedical equipment in Ghana and also in India at Aravaind. I would like to do a degree in the same field.
    Please help me to find school

11. IBRAHIM YAHAYA SANUSI

I HAVE DIPLOMA IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY FROM AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL ZARIA,KADUNA STATE,NIGERIA, AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA TEACHING HOSPITAL BAUCHI,BAUCHI STATE, NIGERIA. I WANT HAVE TRAINING ON RADIOLOGY EQUIPMENT IN INDIA BUT I DONT KNOW WEATHER SHOULD BE POSSIBLE PLS HELP WITH USEFUL INFORMATION
    THANKS

12. Mohammed Ali

pls send me the contact details. i would like to join Bio Medical equipment servicing and maintenance course

13. kayula f mulenga

Do you have a course BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE TRAINING certificate or diploma online or distance classes …

14. Muhammad Abdurrahman Usman

I wish to write and request for your admission in to your programmes .i am from NIgeria with barchelors degree in computer science. And wish to change my career to biomedical equipment repairs. Thanks

15. hier

Hello every one, here every one is sharing these
    experience, therefore it’s nice to read this blog, and I used
    to go to see this blog everyday.

16. Najeebullah

Dear
    This is Najeebullah From Afghanistan so I would like to start medical technology short course kindly please send me complete details ASAP

Thanks
    Skype I’d. Rnazari1
    Wechat / viber / WhatsApp I’d
    +93777256002

17. Famuyiwa Olaolu

i am a Nigerian who is interested in maintenance and repairs in Bio medical equipments. i have a B.sc in Micriobiology and a professional qualification (AIMLS) in Medical Microbiology with a working experience of over 17yrs. am prepared to undergo this training and be certified.
    Thanks.

18. jp pandey

i would like to know about training course ,schedule ,process for admission and qualification requirements for the courses. Is there any course for 12th or 10th students

19. Georges Ngandeu

I am a biomedical engineer from cameroon
    I wish to join the course
    how do i proceed ?
    I am not seeing any links here.

20. Philani

I am a South African and I have a National Diploma in Clinical Engineering with a 10 year working experience in the hospital environment as Clinical Engineering Technician. I am now a Director owner of the private company, Liyasa medical supplies and consulting. I am interested to study a CERTIFICATE COURSE FOR SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE OF HOSPITAL (ICCU) EQUIPMENT-BIOMEDICAL TRAINING so as to intensify my skills in Healthcare technology management.

21. Ravinder Reddy

Dear sir
    I wish to right a request to you admissionfor for training. I am from India with diploma in electrical and electronics engineering my equipment maintenance experience is 13 year’s. I wish to change my career to biomedical equipment maintenance how to training..? Please help me.
    Thanks

22. Ibrahim Bin Salihu

Hello, I am Ibrahim Bin Salihu from Nigeria. Have the following qualifications Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology & Higher National Diploma {HND} in Electronics & Communication Engineering. Pls as a international participant How much will it cost me to receive 8wks practical Training on Maint & Repair of All the aforementioned Medical EQUIPMENTS, accommodation inclusive. Tnx

23. Ibrahim Bin Salihu

Am Ibrahim Bin Salihu from Nigeria, wish to lead four team for 12weeks training at your centre. My qualifications are as follows.(1) Cert. In Electrical installation/maintenance, (2)Cert in Biomedical Engineering Technology, (3)Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology and (4) Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering respectively.How can we gain admission and total cost of training, accommodation, feeding & local transportation s within the period of Training. Thank you, looking forward to hear from you soon.

24. Quiteque Januario

Gents,
    This is very interesting and l like it. Please, l would appreciate if you could send to me the updated information.
    Quiteque Januário

25. SIJO M V

Hi, I sijo m v an Instrumentation engineer want to chenge my career to the biomedical department. So please inform me how to take up with the cdac

26. Quiteque Januario

Gents,
    It’s a very interesting subject. Please, keep this page updated. I am keen on the subject and I want to enrol myself.
    Quiteque Januário

27. Shakeel

Hello… I want to interested biomedical equipment maintenance training.. Plz… Update me regarding this training… My mob no is 8340146163

28. kiya workineh

Hello Dear, I’am Kiya workine from Ethiopia, first of all Thank you to inform this information and i’am interesting and my long time dream of this training. I have collegue Diploma in General mechanics technician and still i’am working on office mation/equipment maintainance, so you help me, how to prticipte this training? Thank you.