2) Effectively manage and coordinate activities of the Biomedical Engineering Department to include the evaluation, replacement, service and repair of complex biomedical patient equipment; administer policies and procedures applicable for efficient operations.
3) To provide necessary support to the Doctors / Nursing Staff / Operators in terms of equipment’s usage.
4) Direct all aspects of maintenance, and repair of the equipment, as well as ongoing training and education of staff related to safe medical device uses and practices.
5) Provide first hand support to the medical equipments during their breakdown and normal maintenance.
6) Direct and manage preventive maintenance on medical equipment, through adjustment or replacement of items on a scheduled basis to prevent equipment failures.
7) Upkeep all equipment to its proper and uninterrupted working performance by planned and scheduled preventive maintenance program.
8) Ensure the patient safety and result accuracy by measures like periodic calibration, periodic safety checks etc.
9) Provide on job training and support to the equipment users and Operators.
10) Coordinate with the agencies for spares and service support.
11) Establish and implement technical protocols and management functions pertaining to biomedical equipments.
12) Advice administration on matters pertaining to equipment’s purchase, performance, financial provisions etc.
13) Establish and define departmental goals and objectives to meet goals and objectives of Fortis Hospital. Plan, implement and evaluate programs to meet departmental goals.
14) Prepare departmental budget and monitor budgets and expenses to control or justify variances.
15) Establish departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with Hospital Policies and Procedures which promote organized operation of the function.
16) Maintain standards of practice consistent throughout the hospital and ensure that the accreditation standards of JCI and other accrediting agencies are met.
17) Monitor effectiveness of departmental programs and incorporate new technology, procedures and program ideas to maintain state-of-the-art practice.
18) Interact with HR for recruitment, performance management; training and development.
Required Education: B.E/ B Tech/ M.Sc in Biomedical/Electronics/ Instrumentation
Experience: Minimum of six years experience in clinical/ biomedical technology, including management and leadership experience. Experience in hospital is a must.
Fortis Hospitals has established itself as a leader in the field of health care. We currently have the Fortis Kidney Institute, a centre of excellence in Kidney and Urology along with Fortis Medical Institute .Our vision to excel has been shaped by our team of highly motivated and dedicated people. Fortis Hospitals( formerly fortis Hospitals, Mumbai(mulund, kalyan) Bangalore and Kolkata invites qualified, talented and motivated individual who share our vision to provide the best possible care to
- PGDCEM: New Course in Mangement for Biomedical Students by HLL (biomedikal.in)
- How to decide/choose my final year Biomedical project? (biomedikal.in)
- How to Use Social Networking to get Biomedical Engineer Jobs (biomedikal.in)