HLL Lifecare, a Mini Ratna public sector undertaking in collaboration with the Indira Gandhi National Open University, (IGNOU), Ltd. is poised to make a foray into the arena of healthcare education. Two new courses in Clinical Engineering and Management were formally launched with the releasing of the prospectus to kick off the admissions, by Ghulam Nabi Azad, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare in Delhi. HLL intends to train aspiring managers by launching new courses.
Two courses, Post Graduate Diploma Course in Clinical Engineering and Management (PGDCEM) and Post Diploma Course in Clinical Engineering and Management (PDCEM) will commence from January 2012 at the new wing named HLL Academy.
Minister for Health and Family Welfare releasing the Prospectus for HLL Academy in New Delhi
This is the first time that such programmes have been launched in the country. The courses would cover different aspects of production development, quality control and marketing of various pharmaceuticals, medical devices and services. The eligibility for PGDCEM is an Engineering degree with specializations in Biomedical, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Chemical or Biotechnology disciplines. Engineering Diploma holders in Biomedical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical or Medical Instrumentation can join PDCEM.
“At present, our country is heavily short of skilled managers in specialised areas of healthcare. HLL and its team have invaluable experience in the field that would chisel the promising managers. It will fill the gap between advanced medical field and its application for the common man,” said HLL CMD M Ayyappan in a press release.
As a full spectrum healthcare company, HLL is a premier organisation in the country which has stepped into the area of procurement management consultancy. The company also plays a major role in planning, designing and construction of medical infrastructure.
The academy plans to launch some other programmes besides M. Tech and MBA programmes, including the areas of social marketing and good manufacturing practices. The programmes, which have two semesters of six months each, will be held in distance education mode with contact classes. The curriculum has been designed to fulfill the requirements of healthcare institutions, procurement service agencies and equipment manufacturers.
P K Pradhan, Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, M Ayyappan, company Chairman, Managing Director and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
POST GRADUATE / POST DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
CLINICAL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT
It is not uncommon that fresh graduates and diploma holders in engineering lack adequate exposure to management disciplines. This holds good for clinical and biomedical engineers as well. The programme is intended to provide engineers from different disciplines requisite exposure to basic medical sciences and clinical engineering. The curriculum is designed to provide knowledge to students in the field of projects, maintenance, contract and procurement management as well as government procedures, rules and regulations.ObjectiveThe objective of the programme is to mould professionals to address varying needs in the field of healthcare delivery in the field of:
- Clinical engineering
- Project Management
- Maintenance management
- Asset management
- Procurement Management (with reference to medical equipment)
- Government procedures, rules and regulations relevant to procurement
- Post Graduate Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management [PGDCM]
- Post Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management [PDCEM]
The programmes are planned in distance education mode with contact classes. Both courses will be conducted in 2 semesters each of 6 months duration. There will be an orientation class in the beginning, followed by two contact classes of 5 days per semester to be conducted at Trivandrum and Delhi/Noida.
Eligibility Post Graduate Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management [PGDCM]
Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any of the following branches:
- Chemical Biotechnology
Post Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management [PDCEM] Diploma in engineering in any of the following branches:
- Medical Instrumentation
PGDCM: 4 subjects per semester
PDCEM: 3 subjects per semester
First semester will have courses in clinical engineering and basic life sciences. Second semester will be mostly management oriented.
Study materials will be prepared by HLL in association with experts in the field, which will be issued to all students enrolled for the programme. Study materials will be supplemented by standard text books wherever necessary.
IGNOU will conduct examinations for courses and award the Post Graduate/ Post Diploma certificates.
Rs.30000/- for PGDCM and Rs.20,000/- for PDCEM. Fees will be all inclusive.
- Biomedical Engineer Government Jobs in HLL lifecare (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Graduate Biomedical Engineer Apprentice at HLL life care (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Teaching Job in IET, Alwar (biomedikal.in)
- Tips for Biotech Engineers For Masters in Biomedical Engineering (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Biomedical Service Engineer Required in Madurai, TamilNadu (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Biomedical Service Engineer Required in Madurai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Teaching Job in Malaysia (High Package) (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Diploma Holder Job at Fortis Hospital (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer R&D job in Philips at Bangalore (biomedikal.in)
- Fresher Biomedical Engineer Required in Hospital, Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer required in Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala (news.bioscholar.com)