• Ensuring that patient care instrument used throughout the hospital is safe.
• Effectively manage and coordinate activities of the Biomedical Engineering Department to include the evaluation, replacement, service and repair of complex biomedical patient equipment; administer policies and procedures applicable to efficient operations.
• To provide necessary support to the Doctors / Nursing Staff / Operators in terms with equipment’s usage.
• Direct all aspects of maintenance and repair of the equipment, as well as ongoing training and education of staff related to safe medical device uses and practices.
• Provide first hand support to the medical equipments during their breakdown and normal maintenance.
• Direct and manage preventive maintenance on medical equipment, through adjustment or replacement of items on a scheduled basis to prevent equipment failures.
• Upkeep all equipment to its proper and uninterrupted working performance by planned and scheduled preventive maintenance program.
• Ensure the patient safety and result accuracy by measures like periodic calibration, periodic safety checks etc.
• Provide on job training and support to the equipment users and operators.
• Coordinate with the agencies for spares and service support.
• Establish and implement technical protocols and management functions pertaining to biomedical equipments.
• Advice administration on matters pertaining to equipment’s purchase, performance, financial provisions etc.
• Establish and define departmental goals and objectives to meet goals and objectives of Wockhardt Hospital. Plan, implement and evaluate programs to meet departmental goals.
• Prepare departmental budget, present to Head Administration and General Manager for approval, and monitor budgets and expenses to control or justify variances.
• Establish departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with Hospital Policies and Procedures and which promote organized operation of the function.
• Monitor and facilitate intra- and interdepartmental activities.
• Monitor effectiveness of departmental programs and incorporate new technology, procedures and program ideas to maintain state-of-the-art practice.
• Develop new program proposals as needed/requested including budgetary as well as operational components.
• Direct the personnel management of the hospital to include organization and staffing; performance management; personnel policy interpretation, advising and implementation; staff development, productivity; and resource allocation.
• Ensure provision of 24 hour, seven day, on-call to support Wockhardt Hospitals Biomedical Engineering needs.
• Direct the evaluation of new technology for patient care, the development of specifications for medical equipment acquisition, the design of test procedures for medical devices and the design of custom devices as needed.
• Represent Biomedical Engineering on committees, maintain departmental records, and attend Management and other administrative meetings as appropriate.
• Ensure the review of supplies, instrumentation, and facilities in the Hospitals relative to safety and performance and recommend required or desirable changes.
• Specify requirements relative to standards or accreditation requirements.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• To furnish weekly work report.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Verbal Ability
• To give accurate and tactful explanations to visitors, patients and hospital’s employees and in recording exact information for messages.
• To exercise high degree of tact and poise and occasionally overcoming language barriers.
• To understand and apply knowledge of medical terminology.
• Numerical Ability
• To understand pertinent details in tabular form and avoid perceptual errors in arithmetic computation.
• Problem solving / Decision making skills
• To think independently and exercise ones own judgment in determining actions during emergencies and challenging situations. For E.g. If a patient refuses to pay his/her bill, they should know how to handle him or her.
• Interpersonal Skills
• To develop cordial relations with other departmental personnel.
• To develop relations characterized by sympathetic understanding and emotional affinity with patients and their relatives.
Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd is a chain of specialty hospitals in India under the Wockhardt Group. The group is committed to provide with the best medical services in the country and is known for offering a comprehensive and world-class care.
- Biomedical Engineeer required in Bengaluru (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Sales Engineer Required in Nagpur (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Required in a MNC, Chennai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer required in Hospital, Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer required in Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineer Required in Hospital at MAHE, Pondicherry (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Diploma Holder Job at Fortis Hospital (biomedikal.in)
- Duties of a Biomedical Engineer (biomedikal.in)