The 2012 is the 150th year of Riga Technical University (RTU). It was established as the first technical university in the former Tsarist Russia. The university soon became the centre of science and exerted a tremendous influence on economy and life both in Tsarist Russia and the Baltic region.
Now RTU is the largest technical university in Latvia and has leader positions in different fields, biomedical engineering and medical physics being one of them.
The International Conference of RTU is a very important event dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the university and is aimed to emphasize the high role of academia in the modern economy and technical progress, as well as to assist in development and strengthening of international scientific, business and personal contacts and cooperation.
The International Symposium on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics is being organized under the umbrella of the International Conference of RTU.
The previous similar international meetings provided in Riga (International Scientific Conference Biomedical Engineering and Microtechnologies dedicated to the 140 anniversary of RTU, 2002; the 14th Nordic-Baltic Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics, 2008)demonstrated the great interest of the participants to visit the capital of Latvia with its deep scientific, historical and cultural traditions.
We believe that you will enjoy both the Symposium and stay in Riga.
Welcome to our City and the University!
Co-chairmen of the Symposium
Prof. Yuri Dekhtyar
Prof. Alexei Katashev
30 April, 2012 – registration, submission of the abstracts and manuscripts
1 June, 2012 – reviewing and editing of the manuscripts
20 June 2012 – submission of the IFMBE Proceedings draft to the Publisher
The schedule of the Symposium
10 October – get together
11 and 12 October – sessions
- M.Tech Biomedical Engineering in IIIT Allahabad (biomedikal.in)
- [M.Tech Admissions] Biomedical Engineering @ IIT Hyderabad (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering Job- Top solution for Income (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical 2012: Bridging Clinical & Engineering-Excerpts of meeting (biomedikal.in)
- Umbilikal- International Biomedical Engineering E-Magazine (biomedikal.in)
- Biomedical Engineering- Ignored Profession in India (biomedikal.in)
- XEURON 2012: Biomedical Engineering Techfest in Mumbai (biomedikal.in)
- BIOMEIC 2012- Biomedical Engineering International Conference (biomedikal.in)
- BINOCS 2012- Techno Carnival of Biomedical Engineering (biomedikal.in)
- MEDITECH 2012-National Level Biomedical Symposium (biomedikal.in)