The institute of Neuroscience and Medicine at the Research Centre Jülich, Germany, has an open PhD student position in our collaborative project entitled “From spike trains to whole-brain dynamics – Bottom-up and top-down processing during active vision” to fill. This project addresses the question how visual input is processed in extremely short time cycles of fixations and saccades through interaction of various cortical areas. MEG recordings from human subjects performing free viewing tasks will allow for the simultaneous observation of neuronal activities from different cortical areas during active vision. Analysis of subjects’ performance and brain activity on these visual tasks enables us to study the information flow through various cortical areas, and to identify top-down components interacting with bottom-up processes.
Industrial Designer for Medical Devices and Rehabilitative & Assistive Technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
• Manage all product design and development functions from conceptual design through to successful product launch.
• Develop and design products to conform to customer requirements and specifications, within time constraints and budgets.
• Provide design support at all stages of the design process, and resolve any design issues that arise.
• Use engineering tools, including 3D modeling software and other basic analysis tools, to produce models of parts and assemblies for initial design reviews.
• Produce engineering drawings of parts
• Liaise with vendors to produce injection moulding and vacuum casting prototypes. Keep in regular contact to ensure feasibility of product concepts and to make changes to suit manufacturing where necessary.
|MIRA Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine (www.utwente.nl/mira)
MIRA is a leading and fast growing Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine at the University of Twente. Within MIRA, research is grouped into 3 research tracks: Tissue Regeneration, Neural & Motor Systems and Imaging & Diagnostics. The institute combines fundamental and applied research with clinical practice. It has full professors in all these 3 realms.
MIRA works closely with hospitals, the business community and governmental organizations, aiming to secure its highly valued position in Europe. Moreover, MIRA actively encourages its scientists to bring proprietary technologies to the market. It has given birth to dozens of companies and license deals in order to make its top technology widely accessible to patients.